4.10.2017

FLORENCE


Florence! What a beautiful city. We stayed at a an Airbnb right by the famous Arno river, and it was so picturesque driving in at night with the lights over the river. It was about 10:30 at night and Kevin was starving so he went out to get some food. The city was hopping! Us weary travellers didn't stay out that last most of the time during the trip after walking all day, but turns out Europeans stay out late (makes sense why we were some of the only ones eating  dinner at 6:00 when the Italians didn't go out to eat till 8:00 or 9:00) He said it was one of his favorite parts of the trip, he got some pizza and a giant gelato and ejoyed some live music. 

We only had one day in Florence, and first thing we did was to go to the Academia Museum. The main attraction there is the Statue of David by Michaelangelo. This is one I definitely learned about a lot in Art history so it was col to see it. My super mature husband loved the statue of a naked man, but he really was impressed by it when he saw the actual statue. 


The museum was great, but the best part was that we met up with my friend Makenzie who is currently living in Florence! We met on the mission and then had the same major at Utah State, so we took all those Art History classes together. She's been in Florence for almost a year doing her Masters Degree. It was SO good to see her! We spent the day with her and she led us around to all the places we needed to see. It was so nice to have a "local" that could lead us around instead of looking at a map on our phone to get from place to place. 


I was blown away by the Duomo, such a cool building! We climbed to the top of the Bell tower that had 414 stairs. After huffing and puffing, it was a great view! 








The Basilica was amazing!




Florence though. I feel like I didn't take as many pictures as I did in other cities, not because Florence wasn't amazing, but because I was walking the streets and majorly keeping up with Kenz who I hadn't seen in like a year. 


I loved the Ponte Vecchio bridge- so pretty! 











I found my favorite gelato flavor in Florence- black cherry! 

Next stop- Venice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

);