11.16.2016

Big Island Adventures


Did I mention we loved the Big Island? 
This is the day we went to the Polulu Valley Lookout, which was in the tiny town of Hawi on the Northeast side of the island. The drive itself was worth making the trip over there. It reminded me a lot of the North Shore with how green and luscious it was. This lookout was incredible! We had the option to hike down to the black sand beach, but it was a pretty steep path down, so we opted not to do it with Halle. It was a REALLY hot day so I wasn't even sad about it. 


These two...

This was adorable. At the lookout point we stopped and talked to a group of people from Europe, I think they were from Switzerland. This cute lady loved Halle and Halle loved her. They had a moment here for a little bit and I snapped this pic. It was so sweet! 






Our favorite beach by far was Hapuna Beach, and it's maybe my favorite beach ever. It was right by our hotel and we went there a lot. The tide was really slow and gentle which was really nice for Halle, since she would all of the sudden start booking it for the ocean. It was hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Halle loved the ocean and it was my favorite. 








It's hard to tell, but this is a look of pure joy

One day we went to the Hilo side of island. It had less volcanic rock than the side we stayed on. (Kona side) We went to the Mana Loa Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nut factory and got the little tour and some free samples but this is the only pic I have



Taking a break at Coconut Island. This is one of my favorite dresses of Halle's and I'm glad I got a cute pic of her in it, because it doesn't fit anymore and it's too cold. 






This same day we hiked to Akaka Falls. It was incredible. Seriously the coolest waterfall I have ever seen and probably ever will see. 








On the way back to our hotel we stopped at Waipio Valley Lookout, it felt very serene there, and for good reason, as it’s a sacred place for the Hawaiian people. It was breathtaking and beautiful and these pictures don’t even do it justice.






Funny story, on our way back to our car Halle saw a bunch of kittens run into a fence and she was freaking out. It was adorable. She was trying to mimic their sounds and it was too cute. We recorded it, thank goodness because I want to remember it forever. 

This was the Kua Bay beach. The waves were a little bigger here, and we had a great time. Kev and I were dying because Halle decided to get grumpy while we were at this beach and were like, really Hal? In Hawaii? Toddlers will be toddlers though. haha







Hapuna Beach again. I'm telling you, we couldn't stay away






Before we flew to Oahu we stopped by the Kona temple. It was a little hidden gem. It was the middle of the day and we mostly had the place to ourselves. It was so peaceful I'm so glad I got to see a temple I'd never seen before. 






This little horse pasture was right next to the temple. 

We loved you Big Island! Thanks for the mems! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

);