10.14.2015

Blessing Day


Our little Halle bug was given a name and a blessing in Church on September 6, 2015. Halle Colleen White. It was such a sweet and wonderful day. I am kicking myself because I didn't get any pictures with any of our extended family that came, but we were definitely surrounded by the ones we love most. Kevin was a little nervous to give the blessing, as he'd never given a baby blessing before, but he did a really great job. He'd been practicing the Simba hold for weeks though :)  As he was giving her blessing my heart was just swelling out of my chest because of how much love I felt for those two. I am so grateful to have Kevin by my side through life, I couldn't have picked a better parter for myself. I also felt so much hope and love and peace towards little Halle bug. I feel excited for her future and all the amazing opportunities she will have. Its crazy that I am her mother and all the responsibility that it entails.
Kevin and I both shared our testimonies after the blessing and I shared that it was a bit daunting to think of raising our little girl in this crazy and unpredictable world, but I know that the only way I can do it, and do it well, is through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to know that my family will always be together no matter what.
My Grandma Colleen was able to come to the blessing, and it was very special. She even crocheted the perfect white blanket for the day. The Colleen in Halle's name came from Kevin's late mom, but it can have a double meaning as well because its my Grandma's name. Pretty great! My mom got Halle her little blessing dress and I think I'll treasure it forever. 
We love our little Halle Bug! She brings so much happiness to our home and I don't think I'll ever be able to get over how much I love her!
She was only two months old when we blessed her and had started smiling at the time but wouldn't smile for any of these pictures. So we have some serious vibes goin on :)

















Real life picture taking:


No comments:

Post a Comment

);