8.01.2015

Nursery Tour


I finished Halle's nursery a couple weeks before she was born, and meant to post some pictures but I never did, so here they are! I had so much fun getting her nursery ready, and her room is definitely my favorite in the house. Its just so bright, happy and peaceful. When we moved into this house the room was a bright green color. Not my favorite, so I knew right off the bat that we would paint it. I knew I wanted to do a neutral color, and originally thought I'd paint it grey. We had just painted our family room grey though, so I just wasn't feeling painting the baby's room that color too. So I decided just to paint it white! And I am so glad I did, it made the room so much brighter and more fun. Her room is super simple with white walls, white furniture, and bright colors everywhere. 

Now that she's here, its still my favorite room in the house, maybe even more so. I love sitting in the rocking chair, with her staring up at me with her bright blue eyes. Kevin actually made the rocking chair, we bought the arm chair from Ikea and then he bought the wooden rockers, installed them to the chair and painted them black to match. I love it! 

I made sure to dress her in one of my favorite outfits for these pictures. Its simply a newborn sleeper, but I don't think its going to fit her for much longer :( I love the pattern on it- so cute! Although she doesn't sleep in her crib yet, each morning after she eats I've been putting her in there and she has been just sitting and staring for at least a half hour. She loves her room and her crib as much as I do! 

So here's a million pictures I took of Halle and her room. I have been taking so many pictures lately, I am just loving this time at home with my little newborn and I never want to forget it :) 













































4 comments:

  1. I never knew you could buy "rockers" to add to a regular chair. What a brilliant idea! Good job, Kevin. Kudos to Madi, too. The nursery is beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest nursery! I love all your colors and decorations! Such a pretty room:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Come decorate Mack's nursery. It's completely plain. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so precious! You did a wonderful job decorating!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

);