7.27.2015

My brother is home!





So lil Halle bug came into the world on June 27, and then a mere three days later  my little brother Austin came home from his LDS mission! Its been almost a month now, and looking back I don't know how I went to the airport. I could barely walk and I was in some pain. (I mean come on, I had just had a baby) No one would have been mad at me if I hadn't gone to the airport to welcome him home. But I have a serious fear of missing out and just couldn't not be there! 

It was the sweetest reunion for my family. We haven't been all together for 2 and a half years because my sister Hillary left on her mission 3 months before he did. It was fun to have our two new additions there, Halle (who stayed in her carseat. I was not about to take my three day old baby out at the airport:) and Tanner who's marrying Hillary in August. It was just amazing to finally all be together again. I kind of hate how I look in these pictures because I'm still very swollen, but hey I just had a baby right?  No big deal. Your little brother only comes home from his mission once! :)

I was thinking recently about how crazy it must seem for people that are not members of my faith that we send missionaries out for 18 months to 2 years, they're only able to talk over phone/skype a handful of times, and are only able to email once a week. They put their lives on hold to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. And speaking from experience, its really hard. Its hard to go to a place where you don't know a soul, to approach people you've never met and start up a conversation about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Really, its sounds crazy. But what I've been thinking about lately is that we simply wouldn't do it if it wasn't true. And it is true. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I am so grateful for it in my life. It has blessed my family's life immeasurably. It doesn't mean my life is perfect, but it means I have a sure way to make it through this life.  Because of it I get to be with my sweet family forever. 

There he is! 

This is my favorite picture :) 




Meeting Halle for the first time:


The original six:)

The proud parents:

Brandon is too cool. ;)



The whole fam dam:

Kev and I didn't stay very long at the airport because like I said, I could barely walk, so everyone came over to our house after and we had lunch, and Austin got to hold Halle:

Oh how I love these people! They're my very best friends. 



I'm so proud of my lil bro. He was such a great missionary. He was awesome before, but now he's all grown up and stuff and just the sweetest. He's quite the jokester and I had to tell him to stop because I was laughing so hard I felt like my stitches were going to come out! I can't tell you how good it is to have him back. He starts at USU this fall but is already a junior from high school credits and has a full ride scholarship, he's going places! Proud of you bro! 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time for your entire family! I am amazed you went to the airport that soon after your sweet baby was born, you're amazing! I love all of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you look great Madi! Annnnnd can't wait for our sibs to meet and become best friends and then lovers! (No pressure)

    ReplyDelete

);