6.02.2015

BABY

So, I think its about dang time that I did a post devoted to baby. We are having a baby so so soon and I can't even believe it!! The picture above was taken last week at 35 weeks, I have really popped! Its starting to feel very real that we're having a baby so soon!


Last Saturday my cute friend Meghan threw a baby shower for me in Logan. Can I just say that I have the cutest, sweetest, kindest, bestest friends! I really could not be more grateful for them. They all come from different parts of my life, childhood, high school, college, mission, married friends, etc and this picture is really a treasure to me because I don't think I will have them all together like this ever again! (No more wedding showers or baby showers) There were some missing of course, whether they couldn't make it or live in a different state, but I am so grateful for my friends!! They showered our baby girl with so much love and we got the cutest gifts. 


Meghan had every one say one reason they thought I'd be a good mom when they gave me my present. It was so sweet. Ah I love my friends. Sorry, I'll stop saying that:) 












So I have meant to be filling this out throughout being pregnant, but have failed miserably:) Oh well here's one for 36 weeks:) 



How far along: 36 weeks on Thursday :) 

How big is baby: the size of a melon

Weight gain: I don't even know anymore. But I have definitely gained weight. Speaking of which, I have had a hard time with it lately. Seeing pictures of myself is kind of hard because I can see that my checks are a little swollen. Bleh I hate that. I know that being pregnant OF COURSE I am going to gain weight, it's just that the closer I get, the more HUGE I feel. I feel like a giant whale or something. This is for you baby girl!

Sleep: I go to bed way early and have to pee like 20 times during the night. I am able to sleep pretty well though, I just have to flip from side to side which takes some effort since I can't sleep on my back or stomach. 

Missing: Being Skinny. I'm so vain. haha

Craving: drinks! Smoothies, freezes, shave ice, etc. And really any food, I am just a hungry person these days :) 

Feeling: Very pregnant! Next week is my last week of work and I am counting down the days! I am really tired all the time and just feel so pregnant. We are getting close! 

Gender: Girl! We still haven't decided on a name, but we do have some that we like. I don't think we'll be able to choose until she comes though. 

Best moment of the week: Going to our doctors appointment and having an ultra sound! Baby girl is so healthy and growing fantastically. That's my favorite thing to hear! 

Looking forward to: Honestly? Having a baby! Even though it makes me nervous too. I'm getting so ready to get her out of me though! 

Random thoughts: I am in the process of putting together her room right now, and it is looking so cute! I will have to post some pictures when I'm done. I'm also starting to wash all of her cute things that we have received as gifts. We are so blessed and I can't wait to meet our baby girl. 

A couple weeks later my family threw me a baby shower as well! The majority of the people there were from my mom's side of the family, since most of them live in Utah, along with some of my dad's family and a couple people from Kevin's family. The shower was at my cousin Emily's beautiful home and it was so fun to be with my wonderful family. They gave us the kindest, best gifts and we are ALL set for this baby :) We are so grateful! 












The whole group:







8 comments:

  1. Oh madi this is just taking me back to right before I had Sierra. It's such an exciting time! And even though you feel big- you look so so cute! I can't wait for you to have her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you Niki! You're the best :)

      Delete
  2. so so cute! you look great, we all know how you feel though, when its you in the situation its different, but trust me -- still babe'n as always! flaunt that bump girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! And that little girl is going to be precious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ember! Is your blog private now? Are you adding people to read it? Cause if you are, pick me, pick me!

      Delete
  4. I totally feel you.. and NO! You are not vain.. missing being skinnny is a real thing! I am learning it doesnt just fix itself after you give birth. It was/is HARD seeing my body change so much, but every time I look at my sweet baby girl nothing else even matters. You are so adorable and I cant wait to see your little addition to your family! Good luck in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely make me feel better :) Congrats on your sweet little girl! She is precious and I love the name you guys picked for her. Thank you thank you!

      Delete

);