1.14.2015

15 Weeks Pregnant




Soooooo I am pregnant! I've announced it on Social Media so I feel like everybody knows now, but of course I had to do a blog post about it. The last few months have been such a whirlwind I don't even know where to begin! Kevin and I had started thinking about starting a family, but were very surprised how FAST it happened. I know that everyone is so different,  so I wasn't sure what to expect, but within a couple months we were pregnant! I feel so grateful that it happened so fast for us.  I am not on here to brag about that fact, because I know that's not the case for everyone, but I am so very grateful. 
We found out we were pregnant at 7 weeks, (I was totally not expecting it) and we were floored! It explained why I had been feeling so sick all of the time. I took a pregnancy test that morning and it was positive, but just to be sure we went to the hospital to do one of their free tests. (I had taken other tests and they were negative so we just wanted to make sure) Sure enough, I was pregnant! We told our families before we even went to our first appointment, we were just that excited! My dad cried when we told him. So sweet. (video to come) 
At our first appointment at seven weeks were able to hear the little heartbeat and it was such an amazing experience for both of us. I had chills all over my body, and for the first time it actually felt real to me. We are so excited for this little one and we find out the gender in February. 


How far along: 15 weeks 

How big is baby: the size of an apple

Weight gain: 2 pounds

Sleep: I go to bed way early and have to pee like 20 times during the night. Ssuuupper fun:) 

Missing: nothing yet! 

Craving: pizza! Lots of pizza! 

Feeling: great! I have been having terrible sickness, and throwing up once or twice a week. (I know some people have it way worse than this) But the week we went on our trip to SF I felt a lot better and there was no throwing up (perfect timing!) I have to always be snacking on something or I start to feel very nauseous. Other than being super tired and going to bed at like 9:30 every night, I am feeling pretty darn good.  

Gender: We find out in February!

Best moment of the week: going on a trip to San Francisco with my husband! And feeling great despite being pregnant. 

Looking forward to: finding out the gender!

Random thoughts: We loved our trip but it was so fun to come home and see our Navy pup. I can't wait to have a lil babe that will grown up with lil Navy pup. They will be the best of friends, I just know it :) 
I am so grateful for good people in my life, family and friends. I am surrounded by them and I couldn't be more grateful! 

I am really not showing too much yet, but it needs to be documented right?? We went to a doctor's appointment today and the babe was moving around like crazy and all is well. It was reassuring to me because I was a tad bit worried since my bump is small. But she said its because I'm tall and not to worry. Whew! 



7 comments:

  1. Eeeep! So, so exciting! Congratulations to the both of you! I know you guys are going to be the best parents! I'm betting on a little boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! you are so dang cute girl! you two are going to be the best parents:) and i can't wait to find out what that cute thing is going to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so excited for you! You are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! You are going to be the cutest little mommy around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pregnancy! That is super exciting

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I didn't even know you were blogging until read the comment you left on my blog. I read all your recent posts and it was great catching up with you (or known to some as stalking), but I have no shame! Love you, and I am seriously excited for you to be mom and to meet your little one!!! See in you July!!!

    ReplyDelete

);