11.10.2014

My Sister Came Home!!




On October 30 my one and only sister came home from serving her 18 month mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For 18 months to 2 years missionaries for our church share the gospel of Jesus Christ and live a very different, more simple lifestyle. We were only able to talk to her on Christmas and Mother's day through skype and emailing once a week. I myself have served a mission, but it was so different being the sibling of one on the other end. We sure missed our sister! 
This is us saying goodbye back on April 17, 2013. I may have been cheesing it a little:)
She did amazing things touched many people's lives, and it was so great getting her e-mails each week.  Buuuuuuut on October 30 her year and a half was over and we anxiously awaited her return home at the Salt Lake City Airport. It felt like Christmas had come early! Kevin was a gem and took most of these pictures for us to document our happiness and anticipation :)





The Happiest Parents:





 So of course we took some sister pictures later. I LOVE how these turned out. I am so blessed to have a sister, aka a built in best friend. 



Our awesome cousin Hailee took them for us, we sure love her! 


Speaking of family, Hillary gave her "homecoming" talk in church and so many people came to support her. I am always in awe of my family at events like this, there were seven full rows of just our family (both sides of the fam) there to support. I could not be more grateful for family and the knowledge that we get to be togetha foreva. 
She did SO well and it was an amazingly spirit filled meeting. 
My mom and dad served a little (or should I say big, there were like 100 people there no joke) breakfast after she spoke. Its was so fun. It also happened to be my mom's 50th birthday and she tried so hard to put all of the focus on Hillary, but we did get her a cake and had everyone sing to her:


I pulled my camera out pretty late, I wish I would have been able to get more pictures of people that were there!
Grandma, Hillary and Aunt Kim:

Miss Annie Grace:


Jennika, Sam, and Noah came!
haha priceless. 

Dodd girls:










It has just been way too much fun having my sister home. Only eight more months until we are a complete family again, my brother Austin is serving his mission in Indiana and will be home in July. I cannot even wait! 
Dropping Hillary off back in April 2013. (Only missing Kevin, he had to work this day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

);