8.18.2014

Summerlicious




Oh hey! I really wish I was better at blogging and didn't wait till I had hundreds of pictures to post to blog about them. I like to look at blogs for pictures anyway so hopefully you do too? Something else I have been thinking about lately is how social media shows everyone's lives as so perfect, including mine. I want to add a disclaimer that my life is not perfect! I take pictures of the fun great moments, but not the moments where Navy wakes us up in the middle of the night because she has to go to the bathroom, or I haven't done laundry for days and we have no clean underwear. I just wanted to put that out there because I was looking through my blog and my instagram, and it was looking way too much like I don't have a care in the world. Which I do. But life is also full of amazing time spent with family and friends and I couldn't be more grateful for that! I have always had a love for pictures, I have been taking tons even before social media. Maybe its because I am really bad at journaling, so I take lots of pictures? 
Anyway, that was sure a tangent, but thanks for reading our blog and thanks for caring about us and our life!
Last week we got to babysit our nieces and nephew on a Saturday morning while their parents ran a race in Salt Lake. We took them swimming and had so much fun! Chloe and Eliza loved the Go Pro and kept asking us to record them swimming underwater. So we have a LOT of footage of that! I need to make a video. We seriously had a blast with these cuties. 






Later that night we went to the Ogden Temple Open house with some more of Kevin's family. What a beautiful building. It took my breath away when I first saw it. 






One reason I am excited to be living in Salt Lake is all the hikes I have yet to do! Its such a beautiful area and there are so many to do. Lucky for me I have my hiking adventure partner Bergen. This girl is always up for an adventure and I love it. This hike was 6 miles round trip and it was hard. Or maybe I'm just out of shape. I was definitely sore the next day! Lake Blanche was seriously beautiful and I could have stayed there all day long. 





 Bear Lake! Bear Lake is one of my most favorite places in the whole world. I have grown up coming here and the place is just magic to me. I can't really describe how much I love it. That blue caribbean like water is just something else. Its become a tradition that my family and the Anderson family go to Bear Lake every summer and spend a day at the beach and then go to Pickleville Playhouse and see the Juanito Bandito show. I love it! This year my aunt and uncle and cousin Hailee came up too so it was great!



 Kevin and Brandon and the ladies:
 The Anderson Sisters:
 Anderson sisters and Hailee:
 Aw Kenz, I love this girl:

 BLUE water:
 Juanito Bandito was hilarious as usual. If you haven't seen it, you need to! I mean it!




 


Oh and BTW I got bangs. Not sure how I feel about them, but hey! They'll grow back right! 
 We found a park/trail above our apartment and Navy loves it! 
 And I'll leave you with Navy sleeping. Because she cracks me up:


Life is not perfect, but life is good. And I am grateful. :)

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how amazing the Ogden Temple looks! And all of your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I loved your first tangent so needed for me right now! I was just telling Becca how I was so homesick cause she was at Bear Lake, my family reunion was at Bear lake, another close family was at Bear Lake, and then you guys were too!!! I was dying to be back home because of all the fun pics I was seeing!! Anyway, I'm glad you are getting to do all these fun summer things with your families, hopefully we'll be back for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww kristin I am sorry! I have such a love hate relationship with social media! If it helps at all I get jealous every time I see hawaii pictures? ;) I sure love ya and I'm jealous fizz gets to visit you guys so soon!

      Delete
  3. LOVE! I can't get over how cute your pup is! Looks like so many fun times!

    ReplyDelete

);