7.16.2014

A Weekend With Family





I was able to fly out to Spokane, Washington this past weekend and spend some time with my Dodd extended family. The occasion was for a wedding, my cousin Jeremy married the lovely Vickie, so we all headed out their way to celebrate! (except for Kevin:( I missed him!)  I love spending time with my Grandma, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. I feel so blessed to have the family I do, we can go forever without seeing each other and then when we do its as if we never left. The weekend consisted of a baptism, the wedding, riding the Hiawatha trail, and Coeur d'Alene Lake:

The day before the wedding my cousin Jeremy's fiance' Vickie was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love baptisms. There is such an amazing and special spirit that you can feel there. Another cousin, Sam, gave a talk and said that he had asked Vickie why she had decided to get baptized. She replied that it was something she wanted to do, independent of any one else because she knew it was true. Jeremy was able to baptize her and it was awesome. 



The Wedding! It was held at a beautiful place called Cannons Edge and the whole venue was beyond gorgeous! The theme was a country wedding, and it was simply perfect. (besides the heat) It was on 7-11, so they had a slurpie machine at their reception! I am so happy for this cute couple! 


















The next day the rest of the family took to the Hiawatha Trail. We rode 17 miles (mostly downhill or level) and it was amazing! It had the most incredible views, and because it used to be an old Train track, we rode through lots of tunnels, one of which was 1 mile long. 




The views reminded me a lot of the Smoky Mountains:

My cute parents:





We ended our day by heading to Coeur d'Alene lake which was breathtakingly beautiful. Some of my family is from there, and I kept telling them how beautiful their home is! I couldn't get enough. 




It was a fabulous weekend, and boy do I love my family. Like I really really do. But boy was I happy to get home to my Kevin and Navy pup :) 

3 comments:

  1. It's always amazing to spend time with the people you love. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time! Thanks for letting us take a peek at your life. These pictures are absolutely beautiful :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so beautiful and fun! A mile long tunnel?? I feel like I wouldve started feeling claustrophobic! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED having you here! Your pictures are awesome and I might be stealing a few;) I'm totally allowed to steal other people's pictures if I am in them, right? So happy for you and Kevin that everything is working out in UT! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

);