6.22.2014

Visitors!




We had some visitors this weekend! Kevin's Dad and Stepmom Debbie came to visit and we had such a fun weekend with them. One of the things we did was go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina which is considered to be the largest home in America. (178,926 square feet!) It was seriously unreal! So big and beautiful and grand. I love learning about history, (it's owned by the Vanderbilt family)  so it was really interesting to learn all about it. It was very Downton Abbey/Pride and Prejudice-like. We weren't allowed to take pictures in the house, but I took plenty of the outside to make up the difference :) 



"Everything the light touches is our kingdom"

I loved learning the history of the mansion and the people that lived there. Every detail of that house was intricate and perfect. The Vanderbilt family were living the life! One of my favorite rooms was the library- it had a bookshelf from floor to ceiling- it looked straight from the Beauty and the Beast. They even had a bowling alley and swimming pool in the basement which was very unheard of at the time. Anyway, I won't bore you with all the details, but there were also miles and miles of gardens, a winery, a farm, etc. It was such a fun day with Kevin's parents!





Kevin the jokester:











Navy was able to come too! Dogs are allowed except for inside the house, and they even had kennels to put them in while you toured the mansion. So cool! One of my favorite parts about having Navy is how cute other people think she is. Does that sound conceited? haha. Well we know that Kevin and I love her and think she's adorable, but so many people stopped us and ask to pet her and ask what breed she is. It's fun. I think I like it so much because its fun to stop and talk to people that we never would have talked to otherwise. 



Father and son:

Another part of the weekend was CLIMB Works! Even though it started pouring rain it was still really fun. Debbie is terrified of heights so I was really proud of her for ziplining the whole thing!




We also did the Mountain Biking trail which is really fun!


It was a fun, fun weekend. I'm so glad that Kevin's parents came to visit us, they are wonderful and we love them so much! 

6 comments:

  1. All your pictures are amazing! Your pictures make me even more excited to go see the Biltmore Estate. So glad you had fun with your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are gorgeous! And your dog is definitely a cutie. :) also, CLIMB works looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you've already gone to the Biltmore!!! We never got to do that :( I'm dying to come visit, We are really missing Tennessee! Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. miss you! that would be so fun if you visited!

      Delete

);