4.18.2014

Spring!




Oh my goodness I love spring. So so so so much. To me it is such an exciting, happy time of year. When that sun starts shining again it really just lifts my spirits. (not that I'm a depressed person, but you know) One of my favorite things about Spring is General Conference. You can read about it here. I love receiving guidance from the leaders of our church and our prophet, President Thomas S Monson. I always come away from conference feeling so motivated and inspired to be better and do better. Ah its just the best and I can't adequately describe how much I love it. Usually we just watch it on TV at home, but this year we got to actually go to the conference center. So along with 21,000 of our closest friends, Kevin and I gathered at the conference center to hear what our beloved leaders had to say. I love the incredible spirit that enters the room with President Monson walks in. Every stands and goes quiet, its incredible. I know that he is a prophet called of God. I know it. 




I love that the church is so into social media- its really great! They used the official hashtag, #ldsconf and it was fun to follow it on instagram and twitter. 

The week before conference was the General Women's Meeting, for all the women in the church from 8 years old to 108. I love that there was a meeting just for the women. As a member of the church, I always feel so important, empowered, and of worth. The gospel is what helps me feel that way. My favorite thought that came from the conference was how much as women we need each other. That hit me so hard. I have my wonderful husband and I need him, but its so amazing to have friends that care about me and I care about them. I would be lost without friends. I am so grateful for my friends, who come from all different walks of my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

);