10.10.2013

on a more serious note...




So a couple days ago was my mother-in-law's 57th birthday.
But you see, I have never met my mother-in-law before,
as she passed away from breast cancer when my husband, Kevin, was 16 years old.
Kevin doesn't talk about it very much, not because its not important to him,
but because I know its something that's very personal to him.
A couple days before her birthday, we were finally cleaning out our spare room,
and I came across this book:


My Sister-in-law made it, and its all about her life, from the beginning to end. I read the whole thing that morning, and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was really great getting to know this woman who I've never met, a little better. 
I have these feelings of sadness that I've never met her, because I know how important she is to Kevin. 
But I also have feelings of gratitude because she raised Kevin, and boy did she do a good job! 
He's an amazing man, and I know its in large part due to her. 

So this all sounds so sad, but really its not, because I do know without a shadow of a doubt that I'll get to meet her someday. What a great day that will be! But until then, I'm just grateful for the son and family she helped raise. 

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful and sweet. I'm sure she is so happy watching the two of you be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Mads!! And I totally wish we had more classes together as well!:( I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel! Chez's dad passed away when he was on his mission, so I've never met him. But the more I know Chez and his family the more I feel like I know his dad. I can't wait til we get to meet this special people!

    ReplyDelete

);