4.04.2013

The Soccer Game of all Soccer Games.




Okay, first of all, I haven't blogged in FOREVER. I used to blog quite frequently at madelinefromparis11.blogspot.com. BUT, this is our new blog, since Kevin and I are GETTING MARRIED! I'm sure I'll write more about that later, but I need to post about our Intramural Soccer game from this past Tuesday night. It was epic, to say the least.

We began on the Legacy fields, the new turf fields at Utah State University. It was 7:30 p.m. and the sun was just setting. We were pumped and excited, ready for the game ahead of us. We began playing, but the beginning of the game took a turn for the worse for our team, Turbo-Tastic. The other team (Aggie Radio) took possession of the ball, and in the first 10 minutes scored 2 goals. To be honest, I thought were done for. We were determined, however, and came back in the second half. With the help of our team, Kevin scored not one, but two goals to tie the game!
So the game ended, and we were tied. That's when the Shoot-out ensued. It was the most nail-biting, intense, gonna pee my pants Shoot-out I have ever seen. Again, at the beginning, I thought we were done for, as the other team scored 2 goals to our 0. But, we pulled through, AGAIN. Our Keeper, Taylor, was amazing and blocked goal after goal. But it just kept going back and forth, back and forth. They would score a goal, we would score a goal, their keeper would block a goal, our keeper would block a goal. So after 13 players from each team taking a shot at the goal, it came down to the last shot.
We stood there, holding our breath as the other team's player shot on Taylor. The ball left his foot, Taylor dived, and SAVED IT! We all ran and dived on top of Taylor. You really would have thought we'd won the World Cup, and it actually kind of felt like it. One of my top 10 college moments of all time.

Team Turbo-Tastic:



So now we play next Tuesday night, oh and also Kevin and I are getting married next FRIDAY!!! I'll have tons to blog about later, I'm sure.
xoxo madi

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I miss those fun college games. What a shoot-out! P.S. - I have private blog that Kev should have access too. I am only 4 months behind on updating it though... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this! Blogs are the best and you have always been great at documenting stuff. I started our blog once we were married and we look back to it ALL the time and cherish the memories we've had! Can't wait to see you next Friday!

    ReplyDelete

);